Dance Athletics is a unique dance training facility that brings together the Artistry of dance with team Sport. Whether your desire is to train independently or with a team, we have the classes for you!
We officially opened our doors to dancers in November 2021 as Dance Athletics! However, this is NOT our first time in town! Formerly known as “Dance Fits U” training center, we’ve been educating in CT since September 2015. We built our business as a home for all dancers who strive for more! More technique training, more personal attention and more class options! We have grown and evolved along with our students, taking our first 6 years in operation to truly define what it is that makes us unique and special. At Dance Athletics, we welcome you to a positive environment to learn, grow and become the best version of yourself that you can be.
Meet The Team
Kelley May Zaleta
- Graduate of St Johns University
- Head Coach of Quinnipiac University Dance Team
- Head Coach of Hamden High School Dance Team
Fun Fact: Kelley has traveled to 7 other countries to instruct, coach and judge dance!
Coaching Philosophy: Everyone that walks through our doors deserves personal attention, feedback on how to improve and respect at their current level/abilities. We’re here to help you grow!
-University of Cincinnati Dance Team Alum
- BS in Biology of Animals & Environmental Science
-Institute of Integrative Nutrition Health & Wellness Coach
- Co-Head Coach of Central Connecticut State University
- Assistant Coach of Branford High School Dance Team
Fun Fact: Tess danced on the original adult team (unicorns) & was the first person to participate virtually
Coaching Philosophy: To teach dance as an outlet and allow dancers to express themselves and connect with the music while encouraging them to challenge themselves, reach their goals and follow their passions in dance
- Class of 2022; Bachelor of Science in Health and Movement Studies
- Hamden Dance Team Alum
Fun Fact: I’ve been dancing since 5 years old
Coaching Philosophy: to give every dancer equal opportunity in an environment built on support, perseverance, and hard work
- Graduated from American Musical and Dramatic Academy in New York City
- Current Hamden High Dance Team Assistant
Fun Fact: I’ve toured all over the country with Broadway Shows, and performed in Hawaii on a cruise ship for 6 months. Want to know more? Ask me!
Coaching Philosophy: Positivity and trust is key in coaching dancers to their fullest potential. Encouraging words build self confidence and keeps dancers consistent in their training!
- Penn State Dance Team Alum
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology, Movement Science
- National Academy of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer
Fun Fact: Madeline has danced in two NFL stadiums to cheer on the Nittany Lions
Coaching Philosophy: To teach our dancers the body mechanics behind their skills to ensure safe and progressive growth, while building confidence in their unique abilities.